Nicolas de Warren
“Having studied in Paris, Heidelberg, and Boston, I graduated with my PhD from Boston University in 2001. I have written more than 60 articles, most recently published an edited volume on Neo-Kantianism, and my book on Husserl and the problem of time will appear in Italian translation this year. In 2013 I was the recipient of a European Research Council grant for a project on the impact of the First World War on 20th-century philosophy. I am currently writing two books: one on evil and forgiveness, the other on German Kriegsphilosophie during the First World War."BibliographyBiographyWork & ideasLiteratureCORRESPALLBOOKSBOOKEDARTJRNLBYTITLECHRONOANTICHRONO
- with Bloechl Jeffrey (2015) Phenomenology in a new key: Essays in honor of Richard Cobb-Stevens, Dordrecht, Springer.
- (2018) Husserl e la promessa del tempo: La soggettività nella fenomenologia trascendentale, Pisa, ETS.
- (2012) Husserl and the promise of time: Subjectivity in transcendental phenomenology, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
- (2013) "Emmanuel Levinas and a soliloquy of light and reason", in: Nenon Thomas, Embree Lester (ed), Husserl's Ideen, Dordrecht, Springer, pp.265-282.
- (2016) "Eyes wide shut: Sartre's phenomenology of dreaming", in: Dahlstrom Daniel, Hopp Walter, Elpidorou Andreas (ed), Philosophy of mind and phenomenology: Conceptual and empirical approaches, London-New York, Routledge, pp.n/a.
- (2010) "The inner night: Towards a phenomenology of (dreamless) sleep", in: Lohmar Dieter, Yamaguchi Ichiro (ed), On time: New contributions to the Husserlian phenomenology of time, Dordrecht, Springer, pp.273-294.
- (2014) "Towards a phenomenological analysis of virtual fictions", Metodo. International Studies in Phenomenology and Philosophy 2 (2), pp.90-112.
- (2012) "The forgiveness of time and consciousness", in: Zahavi Dan (ed), The Oxford handbook of contemporary phenomenology, Oxford, Oxford University Press, pp.503-524.
- (2015) "Husserl's hermeneutical phenomenology of the life-world as culture reconsidered", in: Chvatik Ivan, Učník L'ubica, Williams Anita (ed), The phenomenological critique of mathematisation and the question of responsibility: Formalisation and the life-world, Dordrecht, Springer, pp.133-154.
- (2017) "Souls of the departed: Towards a phenomenology of the after-life", Metodo. International Studies in Phenomenology and Philosophy 5 (1), pp.205-237.
- (2009) "The life, work, and legacy of Trần Đức Thảo", Graduate Faculty Philosophy Journal 30 (2), pp.263-283.
- (2018) "Husserl's awakening to speech", The New Yearbook for Phenomenology and Phenomenological Philosophy 17, pp.n/a.
- () Review: , , Husserl Studies 28 (2), pp.161-166.
- () "Von der Psychologie zur Phänomenologie: Husserls Weg in die Phänomenologie der "Logischen Untersuchungen"", Husserl Studies 21 (2), pp.165-176.